Open 100% Synced, still no coins in Mac Wallet 4.0.1

Welcome to the Verge Community Forums
Join the rest of our members and engage in the community!
Feb 1, 2018
Need some coin-dev help on this please and thankyou...

Good News
I can see the transaction on the blockchain.

Bad News
I've tried the listed troubleshooting methods 1 and 2, both a few times now, unfortunately still nothing. I have 0.00 in my wallet (MacOS Sierra - Wallet 4.0.1).

I have a backup of the wallet, showing the original address fine, just no coins after syncing.

1. Downloaded the full blockchain as directed, synced to 100%, waited a week, still nothing.
2. Deleted the blockchain file and started the app up and once it hits "Loading Block index 100%" it shows the error message below.

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 2.50.47 pm.png Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 2.50.53 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 2.50.47 pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 2.50.53 pm.png

Renaldo

Staff member
Feb 4, 2018
You must have something wrong, or downloaded a corrupted BlockChain bootstrap file,
as the blkindex.dat is not a file that should be spewing out an error,
this whole file does not exist...

Its the blk0001.dat that should be in your .VERGE folder.

Feb 1, 2018
Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018
You must have something wrong, or downloaded a corrupted BlockChain bootstrap file,
as the blkindex.dat is not a file that should be spewing out an error,
this whole file does not exist...

Its the blk0001.dat that should be in your .VERGE folder.
On 10.12.6 there is no .VERGE folder (I assume . means hidden, and I used terminal to unhide and check)

What I can see which matches the troubleshooting instructions is here:
/Applications/Verge.app/Users/xxxxx/Library/Application Support/VERGE

Looking at the Troubleshooting instructions they can be vastly improved by a simple copy/paste line for terminal as you mentioned, so much simpler to understand.

If I can work this out I'll post the steps for Sierra users, ok wish me luck

Renaldo

Staff member
Feb 4, 2018
On 10.12.6 there is no .VERGE folder (I assume . means hidden, and I used terminal to unhide and check)

If I can work this out I'll post the steps for Sierra users, ok wish me luck
You are right .VERGE is un hidden folder, and may not have the dot on MAC, i have a few times mentioned that my OSX knowledge is like zero,
so i'm sorry for confusing you....

Ok, go ahead and open your terminal in mac, and type this :

/Applications/Verge.app/Users/xxxxx/Library/Application Support/VERGE -resync -rescan (hit enter)

Should work....

Feb 1, 2018
Thanks for your help Renaldo @Renaldo (especially when you don't use macOS!)

I updated the other thread earlier as I did indeed get that line to start the resync, unfortunately it still spits out the error. As I've done the troubleshoot step-by-step 3 times now in both methods, I'm pretty confident it is either wallet app version, or simply not playing nice with macOS Sierra.

I'm sure I'll work it out, but for now, I'll close this thread as it's kind of a double up, and if youre around on the other thread I'll say hey :^)

Feb 1, 2018
sosoattennis @sosoattennis

You are sure you installed this correct ?
https://github.com/vergecurrency/VERGE#os-x-wallet
Yep. Been doing app installs for a while, not a tricky process, but this one was fiddly for sure.

Good news, I worked it out, and posted the how-to here

Have a good one Renaldo @Renaldo !

PS. Any tips on how to close a thread, I am the OP on this one but can't seem to find a way to update status?

Renaldo

Staff member
Feb 4, 2018
Wow, great man, happy to hear it's working for you now, and you can access your coins again.

Cheers... ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.