Class Action Lawsuit Against Touch Titans/CoinPouch

Welcome to the Verge Forums
Join our community and the rest of our members!

Buk Lee

Dec 1, 2017
A lot of us lost money in the recent CoinPouch hack and I believe we should file a class action lawsuit again Touch Titans and/or CoinPouch. Has anyone spoken with a lawyer yet? DEV recommends reaching out to silverlaw.com as they handled the Crypsty case. Let's make sure we're all on the same page before we move forward so we can do this thing right.

Przemek

Dec 1, 2017
yes , but i lost only 50k but where are those ppl who lost couple of milions ? how can they stay calm or maybe they sued coipouch on their own ?

AdmBee

Dec 1, 2017
Yeah Im in. What do we need to do?
Only issue is im in Australia, so Im not sure how I can proceed

marc

Dec 1, 2017
vergechain.org
I lost around 100k, but I am underage so I doubt I can do anything.

Dec 2, 2017
i lost 2 million verge coins. so of course i'm pissed. trying to contact the silverlaw place, but no response yet...

Przemek

Dec 1, 2017
its now or never , if verge triple in next month it will be a drama ! and i just imagine how harder to retrive stolen coins :/

Dec 2, 2017
its now or never , if verge triple in next month it will be a drama ! and i just imagine how harder to retrive stolen coins :/
typically class action lawsuits take a year or longer though

mesavoida

Dec 2, 2017
Yeah Im in. What do we need to do?
Only issue is im in Australia, so Im not sure how I can proceed
A class action started in the US has a limited ability for foreign persons to join. Somebody needs to start one and that person is called the class representative. That person would have probably lost a significant amount, enough to interest a lawyer to take this on contingency.

AdmBee

Dec 1, 2017
A class action started in the US has a limited ability for foreign persons to join. Somebody needs to start one and that person is called the class representative. That person would have probably lost a significant amount, enough to interest a lawyer to take this on contingency.
Yeah, so how can I organise it? Will someone help me?
This is fkn bs that a company can be so negligent and get away with it.

Dec 2, 2017
Yeah, so how can I organise it? Will someone help me?
This is fkn bs that a company can be so negligent and get away with it.
Yeah. I want to help. If I can even get a hold of the silver law firm...

AdmBee

Dec 1, 2017
Yeah. I want to help. If I can even get a hold of the silver law firm...
Lawyers would do anything thats got to do with money... unless theres a min requirement they are to deal with

cloakfox

Administrator
Verge Team
Nov 30, 2017
vergefora.com
I've heard the xvg whale wanted to help on twitter. He might be a great help.

Dec 2, 2017
Lawyers would do anything thats got to do with money... unless theres a min requirement they are to deal with
Ok, let's work together to organize something. And anyone else that want to help

AdmBee

Dec 1, 2017
So we have to make contact with the law firm and put a case together with all the evidence. Things like what they promised, the website content that showed “how secure” they were supposed to be. Any chats between xvg dev and coinpouch team. Everything we can possibly get and put it into a file on a cloud so we can all add to it

AdmBee

Dec 1, 2017
All their bs promise’s about security and the negligence they showed with our xvg

Jagtoss

Dec 7, 2017
Ik doe ook mee als het kan! Heb 1037888 verge verloren! Ik wil ze terug!

Jagtoss

Dec 7, 2017
E we hebben justin van verge nodig as getuige

Bio_Shock

Dec 7, 2017
This past week I took it upon myself to go ahead and reach out to a lawyer located in Dallas, T.X. I spoke with him and his associate twice this past week. They've already begun doing some preliminary work for us. I'm not sure what I can and cannot tell you at this point, which is why I am choosing to stay vague. But I will have more information next week and as more new information comes in I will continue to update you.

Sal A

Dec 9, 2017
I lost well over 2million coins... but not sure who to contact. Tbh, seems like a blame game with no actual answers or options for the hack victims. Would love to be part of the suit... Based in the UK.