Class Action Lawsuit Against Touch Titans/CoinPouch

Welcome to the Verge Forums
Join our community and the rest of our members!

Vergian

Dec 17, 2017
We can really strengthen this community, and for sure Verge itself. The fundraiser would absolutely make everyone talk about Verge. It will also cause XVG to go through the roof. There are more than 14 billion coins in circulation. If everyone would donate .9 of 1% we will probably raise the funds that were lost. This is simply an insurance concept. We are insuring ourselves by doing this. Paying a small premium for covering catastrophic losses (for some people what they lost could be huge). Who knows, maybe somebody else will need a fundraiser in the future. I will be very happy to help if that unfortunate event occurred.
If I will get my 1,097,000 back (or whatever the refund), I will donate 15% to Verge for marketing, development team, expenses, etc.
Anyway, is just another idea.

Dec 16, 2017
I think CoinPouch should head up the Fundraiser. That would at-least show penance from their side given it was entirely their fault.
It would also be good in the long term for Touch Titans, they would get favorable publicity for making things right. Which would be good for them right now because all they have is a bad reputation right now. It would also show their maturity if they really want to stay a 'good standing' company within the Crypto space.

Dec 20, 2017
I think CoinPouch should head up the Fundraiser. That would at-least show penance from their side given it was entirely their fault.
They won't if they're behind all this.

But okay, what would be the next step in this? Willing to contribute where necessary!

Dec 16, 2017
They won't if they're behind all this.

But okay, what would be the next step in this? Willing to contribute where necessary!

It's not provable if they are behind it. If it was their deliberate work in the hack then I am sure Sunerok would of known that by now.
Use twitter, use any social outreach you have to shine the light on Touch Titans and CoinPouch to remind them of their responsibility. That's a good start.

jps

Dec 14, 2017
If they fork, will the coins lost on the web wallet be recovered?

szszyca

Dec 12, 2017
We can really strengthen this community, and for sure Verge itself. The fundraiser would absolutely make everyone talk about Verge. It will also cause XVG to go through the roof. There are more than 14 billion coins in circulation. If everyone would donate .9 of 1% we will probably raise the funds that were lost. This is simply an insurance concept. We are insuring ourselves by doing this. Paying a small premium for covering catastrophic losses (for some people what they lost could be huge). Who knows, maybe somebody else will need a fundraiser in the future. I will be very happy to help if that unfortunate event occurred.
If I will get my 1,097,000 back (or whatever the refund), I will donate 15% to Verge for marketing, development team, expenses, etc.
Anyway, is just another idea.
You're right friend! If we are thinking about usd value of stolen coins that would be huge, but if we're thinking about a community.. it's just a 1% like you said. We can do it! Then if we win aganist Coinpouch that all money could be spent for a marketing.

szszyca

Dec 12, 2017
We can also turn this fundraising into the marketing campaign. All of the crypto world could see how strong is verge community.

Ash27

Dec 20, 2017
Unfortunately I’m one that lost big time, but would absolutely participate in any community action going forward - in saying that i hope it never happenes again - not a good feeling losing your whole investment.

Kazrasuya

Dec 21, 2017
Lost about 230k XVG due to this. Coins were taken from my wallet 33 minutes after signing up... I would definitely participate in this. So many people lost a lot of money due to this, especially with the way the price has risen. I would never want anyone else to go through this again.

Egon

Dec 22, 2017
I also lost 24k of coins. Happy to join

chowzilla

Dec 23, 2017
I think we should hire a hacker and get our coins back and Verge should help us and do something other than say it's not their business. They do owe us for endorsing something they didn't fully check out. Even the part about the private keys being private was not true. Endorsing something that had a huge security risk is irresponsible. I would have NEVER put my coins on it if they hadn't mentioned it.

If they have just a little time, that's fine, just don't do a shoutout announcement making it sound like the app was a great thing like getting access to the ledger nano s. Just say that they do not know and have not reviewed the code and will bear no responsibility and do not recommend anything other than a paper wallet or their own software. Their own software was glitchy for me so I had no alternative but the exchange or coinpouch. I did not know of the paper wallet option.

I do not think it is natural for a user to assume that a developer endorsing a new wallet has not even done a code review for that wallet.
I assume them mentioning it positively means that they have vetted it. Otherwise, why recommend an insecure wallet?

And I think this trust---legal or not---is what has been broken by the dev. The truth was they knew nothing about the backend of coinpouch
and yet encouraged users to trust the app. They now refuse to do anything other than say it's not their fault. They didn't steal the coins but they put the early adopters in a terribly vulnerable position. It's like a tour guide sending someone to a sketchy part of town. You trust them not because they're some random douche on the internet but because of their position---as a dev in the coin that they are building.

You believe their integrity and due diligence when they show public support of a wallet that will hold their own coins. This is not a stretch of the imagination.

Ash27

Dec 20, 2017
I think we should hire a hacker and get our coins back and Verge should help us and do something other than say it's not their business. They do owe us for endorsing something they didn't fully check out. Even the part about the private keys being private was not true. Endorsing something that had a huge security risk is irresponsible. I would have NEVER put my coins on it if they hadn't mentioned it.

If they have just a little time, that's fine, just don't do a shoutout announcement making it sound like the app was a great thing like getting access to the ledger nano s. Just say that they do not know and have not reviewed the code and will bear no responsibility and do not recommend anything other than a paper wallet or their own software. Their own software was glitchy for me so I had no alternative but the exchange or coinpouch. I did not know of the paper wallet option.

I do not think it is natural for a user to assume that a developer endorsing a new wallet has not even done a code review for that wallet.
I assume them mentioning it positively means that they have vetted it. Otherwise, why recommend an insecure wallet?

And I think this trust---legal or not---is what has been broken by the dev. The truth was they knew nothing about the backend of coinpouch
and yet encouraged users to trust the app. They now refuse to do anything other than say it's not their fault. They didn't steal the coins but they put the early adopters in a terribly vulnerable position. It's like a tour guide sending someone to a sketchy part of town. You trust them not because they're some random douche on the internet but because of their position---as a dev in the coin that they are building.

You believe their integrity and due diligence when they show public support of a wallet that will hold their own coins. This is not a stretch of the imagination.
I can say that the ONLY reason I put my coins into CoinPouch was due to it being the recommended iOS wallet by Verge. Otherwise as a noob my coins would still have been on the exchange, all 570,000+ of them. All I get is “sorry”...

Cavin

Dec 24, 2017
I also lost for 107834 xvg, what can i do

Vergian

Dec 17, 2017
Fundraiser is the best option. Do a raffle and give 10% of the total coins to the winner.

Vergian

Dec 17, 2017
Fine. So How does this work?
Sunerok, and the development team have to agree and set up the whole thing. I think whoever does it needs to be compensated for their effort and time.