Solved Desperately seeking help with new Windows wallet (post-hardfork) -- not synching

Welcome to the Verge Community Forums
Join the rest of our members and engage in the community!

SempaiBFR

Feb 7, 2018
NYC
Hi, can someone help me with the new Windows Wallet, Since I downloaded the new wallet update post the hard fork, i have not been able to get the wallet to fully sync the block chain. It get to roughly 5000 and then stops working. Every night i download the new bootstrap file, but it does not seem to help. Any thoughts as i really want to get my coins off of bittrex and confident into the wallet. Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

SempaiBFR

Feb 7, 2018
NYC
WOW, nobody has any thoughts there? All of your windows wallets post the hard fork are working and synching properly? Is there nobody from verge or any developers out there that can throw a newbie a bone here? It would much appreciated if someone could provide some help.

Feb 11, 2018
Sempai, could you provide which build you are running? (You can open the debug window, copy and paste the build displayed)

SempaiBFR

Feb 7, 2018
NYC
I am running what i thought was the latest and greatest for windows post the hard fork -- 4.0.1.

I am not sure what you mean when you say i can "open the debug window,copy, and paste the build displayed". I am sorry, but could expand on this.

I appreciate you responding.

warmwires

Feb 11, 2018
1.) Go-To C:\Users\(Your_UserName)\AppData\Roaming\VERGE and make a backup copy of your wallet.dat

2.) Delete the VERGE folder @ C:\Users\(Your_UserName)\AppData\Roaming\VERGE

3.) Download a fresh copy of the Verge blockchain (1.6GB) @ https://verge-blockchain.com/

4.) Download the newest release as CC said: https://github.com/vergecurrency/VERGE/releases/tag/4.0stealth

5.) Start the wallet, let it load and close it

6.) Go back to C:\Users\(Your_UserName)\AppData\Roaming\VERGE

7.) Extract the blockchain zip into your C:\Users\(Your_UserName)\AppData\Roaming\VERGE

8.) Paste a copy of your wallet.dat into your C:\Users\(Your_UserName)\AppData\Roaming\VERGE

9.) Start your wallet and let it catch up

10.) Profit

SempaiBFR

Feb 7, 2018
NYC
Thanks for the suggestions, but that is what i have done SEVERAL times and still not working. Still will not fully synch. Gets stuck/frozen at around 7000-5000 blocks remaining. I am beyond frustrated and annoyed, Any other thoughts? Is there any whiz bang code that one can add in the debug window???

SempaiBFR

Feb 7, 2018
NYC
Thanks, but does that have the stealth features?? I an surprised though that we cant get the simple windows wallet to work. If we all want xvg go up in value, something as simple as making the wallet work HAS to happen, if not, it puts the entire project and technology in question.

warmwires

Feb 11, 2018
To be fair, It works for most all people. Stealth is being worked into electrum. but for some people experience technical difficulty. You're like a rare unicorn that shows up and the community tries to help =]

Renaldo

Staff member
Feb 4, 2018
Just some thoughts....

Do you have a enabled firewall ? (that could block the incoming nodes?)
Did you try to add "-resync and -rescan" to your command ?

SempaiBFR

Feb 7, 2018
NYC
Hi all, thanks for the help so far, but still not working. :-(. I am running from a personal machine so there shouldn't be a firewall issue. I have several other wallets from other coins that work jus fine. I have deleted all and reinstalled several times, run the blockchain bootstrap, and still can't get a full synch and thus cant use the wallet, which has been extremely frustrating. My xvg investment has been growing and i get nervous because its sitting on exchange. I want to use the wallet. Can someone at verge please make suggestions how i can this darn wallet working. HUGE fan of the project, but not happy that i have had to waste so much time and effort on getting this wallet to work. Things like this should be a slam dunk and HAVE to work for the project to get the the levels we I hope it wil reach. So, if anyone has any more ideas on how I can get up and running it would be much appreciated.

Renaldo

Staff member
Feb 4, 2018
1. Create shortcut from the .exe file.
2 Edit the properties of the shortcut you just created.
3. you will see VERGE.exe in the white box, add space and -resync -rescan
4. Click save.
5. Double click the new created shortcut, and let it run.
6. Go out for a long distance walk, as its gonna take a long time before your wallet will show up.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.