Lost my Verge Coins when restored the Verge.app

Welcome to the Verge Forums
Join our community and the rest of our members!
Jul 10, 2018
Hello All,
Iam in big troubles now, so please can anybody help me solving my problem.

I sent 100k Verge from an Verge QT Pc wallet to my unused Verge Anroid Wallet. So far so good, transaction was fine. But as I wanted to send my Coins to Binance, the app asked me to
type in the password (which I forgot). Later on I restored my wallet by typing in the 12 words phrase. Then I set a new password, but all Verge are lost now.

I also started a coinomi app and typed my letters in, but the is also 0.00XVG

Transaction:

204e49b4f40c892be95234e7b1ce0eb9d97a2a5202fb3a19e6c8abb643f1be74

What can I do now to get back the Coin in my wallet?

Thank you
Juergen

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
The only way is to try to restore again in a fresh Android Verge Wallet by "recovery phrase".
You are sure you have connection with the app/orbot is running?

What was the initial public address that have holded your coins, within the verge android app ?
(so to which address you have sent your coins from the qt wallet, over to the verge android ?)

I want to try to track any tx...

Jul 10, 2018
I holded my coins in my verge-qt wallet. (pc)
I sent them to following adress:

DU7yZ7sTSLXxywiXzRURhAVm6PLshXR8Xd

This my mobile phone verge wallet, the one I forgot the pw.
Orbot connection works, the android wallet is online.

You mean I should remove my current wallet completely on my phone and download it again and set it up with my recovery phrase?

Thanks
Juergen

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
Your coins are still there : https://verge-blockchain.info/address/DU7yZ7sTSLXxywiXzRURhAVm6PLshXR8Xd

NO, close the wallet, go to your android phone setting menu, choose application, choose the verge android wallet, and clear its cache...probably under storage tab, open the verge android app.
go to setting, choose restore, choose restore a wallet. And try to enter your recovery phrase again.

Let me know the outcome.

~ Renaldo,

Jul 10, 2018
I tried the steps you wrote before but the weird thing is:
it restores the wallet, but the receiving adress is totally different from the adress above. Is it possible that I removed the wallet with the coins permanently at the moment when I needed my recovery phrase to create a new password?

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
I tried the steps you wrote before but the weird thing is:
it restores the wallet, but the receiving adress is totally different from the adress above. Is it possible that I removed the wallet with the coins permanently at the moment when I needed my recovery phrase to create a new password?
No, what I am afraid of, is that you have saved the wrong recovery phrase.

Jul 10, 2018
The recovery phrase is the one from my very first android wallet where I sent the coins to. It was the one with that adress:
DU7yZ7sTSLXxywiXzRURhAVm6PLshXR8Xd

The trouble began as I tried to send Verge to my binance account. I was asked for the password to start the transaction process (which I forgot).
Then i started to recover the wallet with the recovery phrase. Should I got a new phrase after that procedure?

If I remember my old passwort.... its useless now i guess?

Iam really lost at the moment.
Thank you for your great support

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
The wallet is just showing you the info whats on the blockchain, but as you stated that after the recovery, your public did change, and zero coins are in it, the only reason due to this is that you have entered a recovery phrase from an empty wallet. This gets even more proven to me, as Coinomi did appear to show you the same zero balance.
Did Coinomi also display the strage public address for you, after using the restore option ?
If yes...to me its very clear on what did happens here, you saved the wrong recovery phrase, I'm very very sorry to tell you this.

marpme @marpme can you chime in please, did I overlook something?
Do you have any thought anymore, on how to restore the wallet and his 100k coins?
Sorry for tagging you. ;)

Jul 10, 2018
This is what I am also thinking about now...... I might forgot to write down the new phrases..... expensive fault :(

Last question: Can I do something with the adress where the coins are and my old wallet password, in case I remember it?

Nevertheless "Thank you Renaldo" ;)

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
Last question: Can I do something with the adress where the coins are and my old wallet password, in case I remember it?
NO, the applock opens the wallets public address which is in the wallet, in your unfortunate case the wrong public.

Nnamdi

Jul 28, 2018
Hello All,
Iam in big troubles now, so please can anybody help me solving my problem.

I sent 100k Verge from an Verge QT Pc wallet to my unused Verge Anroid Wallet. So far so good, transaction was fine. But as I wanted to send my Coins to Binance, the app asked me to
type in the password (which I forgot). Later on I restored my wallet by typing in the 12 words phrase. Then I set a new password, but all Verge are lost now.

I also started a coinomi app and typed my letters in, but the is also 0.00XVG

Transaction:

204e49b4f40c892be95234e7b1ce0eb9d97a2a5202fb3a19e6c8abb643f1be74

What can I do now to get back the Coin in my wallet?

Thank you
Juergen

marpme

Verge Team
Donator
May 26, 2018
Well as far as I can analyze it, it doesn't seem to be wrong what you did so far.

I just hope for you that you entered the recovery key of the correct wallet into your app. The problem here is not that you get a new address. Addresses can be generated as many as you want depending on one key pair (Hierarchal Deterministic wallet). You won't rely on that but your private/public key makes the difference. I would check again if you have more recovery keys around. Otherwise, you really lost them, as there is no way to restore them.

Maybe last option: You could have is a backup of your mobile device, but as far as I remember there's no real back function for it on Android devices! And if you can restore your device with your old (password locked wallet). Then I would try to figure out the password somehow, I don't think that you randomly generated it.

Well-meant advice for the next time: check if you really have access to your wallets anymore before sending funds to them.

Well sorry for delivering those bad news. I'm so sorry for your losses at that point man. :cry:

Dyna

Mar 27, 2018
maybe you can find a android recovery program that can fine the old wallet file , like the apps there can find deleted pictures
there is a app call "Dumpster" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.baloota.dumpster&hl=en

and "undeleter" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.undelete&hl=de

i remember those worked with recovering pictures for me , so you might be lucky to be able to recover your wallet file that way

and im not sure if the apps are entirely free but worth a try

Nnamdi

Jul 28, 2018
So please what do you think I should do Right now about the my wallet to restore it with because it does restored though but with zero xvg and how do I get my private key

Nnamdi

Jul 28, 2018
And what is this format support of WIF,BIP38 MIni private key

Nnamdi

Jul 28, 2018
xpub67tVq9TLPPoaJQGddzKnh7ATPTb5xKkuH5C7qZ2KLWsYncVwGCVXV8wCBdL496MPEneJwoBk9PFRxHvdgMp8U4k4jd22rpFBfQB8urYkavV

Bruforyou

Jul 29, 2018
I can’t understand how Verge can add new wallets and tell you nothing about how to install them. There are so many faults with these wallets and people are losing money by coins magically disappearing from this so call secure wallet.What a crock of shit that the developer has created here. A middle school child could do a better job than this.

Bruforyou

Jul 29, 2018
I am so sorry for judging the developers of verge, but I am so ftrustrated with this wallet issue. I have 5 transactions from Binance to Verge in April 2018. I have all those transactions and addresses that the funds were received by verge. I had downloaded Verge 3.0 in April and all transactions and 74,000 evg were in my wallet. Unfortunately my computer crashed and had to reinstall windows 10 again. I downloaded Verge 4.0 wallet and now 0 coins in my wallet. I have my old pass phrase and don’t know how to restore the wallet since new addresses are generated. Can anyone help me with this issue?