Mining for victims

Welcome to the Verge Forums
Join our community and the rest of our members!

Vergin

Dec 21, 2017
I don't know what I'm gonna propose is any feasible at all but I've heard news about websites that use your CPU to mine bitcoin and other coins without your permission or you ever knowing.

Well, what if we did the same from this forum? I wouldn't mind at all mining for free for the victims of verge, and it also might attract others to the forum who feel empathetic towards the losses. When the amount of verge has been covered, we'd just address our wallets and the verge would be sent to our accounts according to how much time we do spend on the forum.

cloakfox

Administrator
Verge Team
Nov 30, 2017
vergefora.com
There is something out there that does this except it mines monero. I have been actively looking for qualified devs to recode it so that it mines verge. Once that is done I will implement it on the site and you can turn it on/off and earn forum rankups.

But yea still having quite some trouble finding someone who can.

mmennick

Jan 23, 2018
If it may be of any help, i recently stumbled upon this JSEcoin platform that does exactly this. Might be worth looking into it.

mk2007

Jan 26, 2018
There is something out there that does this except it mines monero. I have been actively looking for qualified devs to recode it so that it mines verge. Once that is done I will implement it on the site and you can turn it on/off and earn forum rankups.

But yea still having quite some trouble finding someone who can.
I've decompiled monero addon and working now on installing Emscripten to compile C/C++ to Web Assembly. Anyway, I'll make updates on progress over coming days/weeks.

cloakfox

Administrator
Verge Team
Nov 30, 2017
vergefora.com
I've decompiled monero addon and working now on installing Emscripten to compile C/C++ to Web Assembly. Anyway, I'll make updates on progress over coming days/weeks.
I've dm'd you.

Gellow

Jul 31, 2018
I don't know what I'm gonna propose is any feasible at all but I've heard news about websites that use your CPU to mine bitcoin and other coins without your permission or you ever knowing.

Well, what if we did the same from this forum? I wouldn't mind at all mining for free for the victims of verge, and it also might attract others to the forum who feel empathetic towards the losses. When the amount of verge has been covered, we'd just address our wallets and the verge would be sent to our accounts according to how much time we do spend on the forum.

Anaconda Mining Inc. ("Anaconda" or the "Company") (TSX: ANX)(OTCQX: ANXGF) is pleased to announce that it has completed the second and final tranche of a non-brokered private placement of 2,219,000 units of the Company ("FT Units") at a price of $0.41 per FT Unit, for aggregate gross proceeds of $909,790. Total proceeds raised under the private placement are $4,465,290.
Each FT Unit consists of one common share of the Company, which qualify as "flow-through shares" within the meaning of the Income Tax Act (Canada) ("FT Shares") and one-half of one non-flow-through common share purchase warrant (each whole common share purchase warrant, a "Warrant"). Each Warrant entitles the holder thereof to purchase one common share of the Company (a "Warrant Share") at a price of $0.55 per Warrant Share until June 26, 2020.

Read more at http://www.stockhouse.com/news/pres...-4-5-million-non-brokered#rThIEbjifD2kCoJd.99