Solved The fund was not loaded to my wallet

Welcome to the Verge Community Forums
Join the rest of our members and engage in the community!
Feb 3, 2018
Hello All,

Please support me a technical issue. I received fund to my address and the network confirmed but my wallet was not loaded.

I do not know how to resolve this issue.

Thank you so much, everyone!
Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 16.35.05.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 16.35.24.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 16.38.52.png

Schaffes

Jan 23, 2018
When you find out, could you let me know? The same thing happened to me.

Zara

Feb 3, 2018
Have the same issue. The XVG I bought recently are confirmed on the xvg blockchain but not visible in my verge qt wallet under the same address. How to proceed?

Zara

Feb 3, 2018
close your wallet, then download the latest wallet and blockchain data via this link https://verge-blockchain.com/down
=> reinstall newest wallet and update new blockchain data above
Thanks thangbitcoin. As a technono, how to 'reninstall the newest wallet and update the new blockchain'? What do I need for that (my passphrase ..)?

Renaldo

Staff member
Feb 4, 2018
Troubleshooting
1 - coins not visible in your wallet

If you send coins to your unsynced wallet and you download the blockchain afterwords you will see the coins in the blockchain explorer but maybe not in your wallet.
2 ways to fix this:
a - start program verge-qt once with parameter -resync: "verge-qt -resync" , this takes a few minutes. Finished if wallet is open
b - delete all blockchain files (BUT NOT file wallet.dat and not file peers.dat) and sync from scratch by yourself without using this blockchain download at all, takes approx 1-2 days

Source : https://verge-blockchain.com/trouble

Feb 1, 2018
Troubleshooting
1 - coins not visible in your wallet

If you send coins to your unsynced wallet and you download the blockchain afterwords you will see the coins in the blockchain explorer but maybe not in your wallet.
2 ways to fix this:
a - start program verge-qt once with parameter -resync: "verge-qt -resync" , this takes a few minutes. Finished if wallet is open
b - delete all blockchain files (BUT NOT file wallet.dat and not file peers.dat) and sync from scratch by yourself without using this blockchain download at all, takes approx 1-2 days

Source : https://verge-blockchain.com/trouble
Would love some help on this.

I've tried these troubleshooting methods a few times now, unfortunately no good.

The transaction is there on the blockchain, but will not appear in my wallet (MacOS Sierra - Wallet 4.0.1). I have a backup of the wallet, showing the original address fine, just no coins after syncing.

1. Downloaded the full blockhain as dirceted, synced to 100%, waited a week, still nothing.
2. Deleted the blockchain file and started the app up and once it hits "Loading Block index 100%" it shows the error message.
Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 2.50.53 pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 2.50.47 pm.png

Last edited:

Renaldo

Staff member
Feb 4, 2018
Would love some help on this.
I am sorry, am afraid I can not help you on this, no OSX user.
Have you tried to search on youtube? thereŕe some special steps to make in order to install sierra afaik.
not able to dig up some links right now due to high cpu load.

Zara

Feb 3, 2018
Thank you all for your tips :) ... but I am still confused: how to proceed if you want to "start program verge-qt once with parameter -resync: "verge-qt -resync" "? I feel pretty ignorant and would appreciate if you could help me out :)

Renaldo

Staff member
Feb 4, 2018
Hi Zara,

You using the Windows or Linux version ?
Let me know please, and I will "try" to help you as much I'm able to.

~Renaldo,

Zara

Feb 3, 2018
Thank you so much Renaldo. I use an Apple MacBook, so MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3. Hope you can help me ...

Renaldo

Staff member
Feb 4, 2018
Ouch, I do now know anything about MacOS systems, but lets we try.

To start the verge program you click an icon, right ?
While I don't know "how", but you need to make a shortcut from this icon, so you will get a second icon on your desktop.

Now find the properties/edit launcher from the shortcut, (right click?), and you will find somewhere "VERGE- qt" as command.
Now you will need to edit this line to "VERGE -qt -resync -rescan" (without this " ")

Click ok, or save, now click the shortcut you just created and edited.
First it will load the blockindex, you see % going to 100% after a while.
Then the program will sync ALL blocks in the chain, 1850000 more or less, it's gonna take a very long time, bout 3 days.
the -rescan command does scan the blockchain on any missed transactions, if they are not yet appearing.

This steps given may not be exact the same as I described, as I never worked on MAC, although I so hope you will be
able to get it done with those few steps.

Good Luck, keep us updated :)

~ Renaldo,

Zara

Feb 3, 2018
Thank you so much Renaldo. I will try your solution this weekend ... have time to focus then :) ... and of course I will let you know.

C.Norriss

Feb 9, 2018
Thank you so much Renaldo. I will try your solution this weekend ... have time to focus then :) ... and of course I will let you know.
Mac OSX - Sent Verge (XVG) coins to wallet before first sync, coins not visible - FIXED using terminal

Using:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.3

Go straight to point 12 ‘Terminal resync’ at the bottom for the terminal command.

I’ve never posted on one of these forums before, but I thought I was morally obliged to after thinking I had lost all of my XVG coins for the past 2 months. I had tried various things people had suggested all over the internet, and I finally managed to fix it by combining a bunch of random instructions together, coupled with almost reckless trial and error (considering I don’t really know what I’m doing). I’ll try and explain as much as possible so people can determine if my experiences can benefit them.

Where it went wrong:
1. downloaded Verge.qt 3.0 for mac early November. Was oblivious to the sync function at this point.
2. sent XVG coins to my verge.qt 3.0 wallet address
3. noticed the “(out of sync)” for the first time. I did some research, downloaded the blockchain, and let it sync.
4. Wallet sync complete; no sign of funds.
5. sent small test amounts to same address and they all arrived no problem. I researched my problem and discovered many others were experiencing the same.
6. I tried various instructions that I found on the internet, but I’m afraid I can’t remember what they were. this was a couple months ago. I pretty much gave up after a week of trying and accepted those coins were gone.

Connection issue - new download:
7. opened up verge 3.0 qt 1-2 months later, and it couldn’t connect. at the bottom right corner, it would state ‘no connections’.
8. after repeatedly failing to get it online, around one week into Feb, I downloaded the new verge.qt 4.0 wallet. v4.0.1.0-9344a75-funky-beta. I backed up my wallet.dat file and installed the new wallet, replacing the old one (follow YouTube instructions for this)
9. copy and paste the blockchain into the new verge application support folders (again, use YouTube if you are unsure)
10. I pasted my backed-up wallet.dat file from verge.qt 3.0 into the new verge application support folder, replacing the new wallet.dat file (this is important, as my wallet failed to sync until I did this).
11. let it sync. for me, at this point, my old coins still weren’t in my wallet, however it was at least connecting now. I tried the dumprivkey/import privkey commands in the verge > help > debug > console window, however that repeatedly failed - this put an end to that particular fix-method.

Terminal resync:
12. I found a fix using terminal. other instructions I found on the internet omitted guidance on how to use terminal. I’m an idiot when it comes to this, so it took a number of failed attempts and digging to realise how to use it. From my understanding, the below command checks all blocks in the blockchain and should discover missed transactions. Open terminal and type the following to resync your wallet. Copy and paste it exactly, and hit enter:

/Applications/VERGE-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/VERGE-Qt -resync -rescan

13. Previous instructions I’d read online omitted the folder path at the start, and the final ‘-rescan’. Terminal couldn’t find my verge wallet until I added the path at the start (if for some reason your verge folders aren’t in the right location, then this likely wont work. find the path and add it at the start). Also, not including ‘-rescan’ at the end yielded another failed attempt. The above command should open your verge wallet for you. For me, all my old coins had appeared once it had finished loading. my last resort after this was to delete the entire block chain and have it sync over a number of days from scratch. however, I’ve heard people moan and groan about this method.

I hope this helps. If you have questions then ask. Hopefully I’ll know the answer!

Renaldo

Staff member
Feb 4, 2018
@ C. Norriss, you beat me to it, I feel defeated lol
Fantastic answer for MacOS Users. (Y)

Zara

Feb 3, 2018
Mac OSX - Sent Verge (XVG) coins to wallet before first sync, coins not visible - FIXED using terminal

Using:

Go straight to point 12 ‘Terminal resync’ at the bottom for the terminal command.

I’ve never posted on one of these forums before, but I thought I was morally obliged to after thinking I had lost all of my XVG coins for the past 2 months. I had tried various things people had suggested all over the internet, and I finally managed to fix it by combining a bunch of random instructions together, coupled with almost reckless trial and error (considering I don’t really know what I’m doing). I’ll try and explain as much as possible so people can determine if my experiences can benefit them.

Where it went wrong:
1. downloaded Verge.qt 3.0 for mac early November. Was oblivious to the sync function at this point.
2. sent XVG coins to my verge.qt 3.0 wallet address
3. noticed the “(out of sync)” for the first time. I did some research, downloaded the blockchain, and let it sync.
4. Wallet sync complete; no sign of funds.
5. sent small test amounts to same address and they all arrived no problem. I researched my problem and discovered many others were experiencing the same.
6. I tried various instructions that I found on the internet, but I’m afraid I can’t remember what they were. this was a couple months ago. I pretty much gave up after a week of trying and accepted those coins were gone.

Connection issue - new download:
7. opened up verge 3.0 qt 1-2 months later, and it couldn’t connect. at the bottom right corner, it would state ‘no connections’.
8. after repeatedly failing to get it online, around one week into Feb, I downloaded the new verge.qt 4.0 wallet. v4.0.1.0-9344a75-funky-beta. I backed up my wallet.dat file and installed the new wallet, replacing the old one (follow YouTube instructions for this)
9. copy and paste the blockchain into the new verge application support folders (again, use YouTube if you are unsure)
10. I pasted my backed-up wallet.dat file from verge.qt 3.0 into the new verge application support folder, replacing the new wallet.dat file (this is important, as my wallet failed to sync until I did this).
11. let it sync. for me, at this point, my old coins still weren’t in my wallet, however it was at least connecting now. I tried the dumprivkey/import privkey commands in the verge > help > debug > console window, however that repeatedly failed - this put an end to that particular fix-method.

Terminal resync:
12. I found a fix using terminal. other instructions I found on the internet omitted guidance on how to use terminal. I’m an idiot when it comes to this, so it took a number of failed attempts and digging to realise how to use it. From my understanding, the below command checks all blocks in the blockchain and should discover missed transactions. Open terminal and type the following to resync your wallet. Copy and paste it exactly, and hit enter:

13. Previous instructions I’d read online omitted the folder path at the start, and the final ‘-rescan’. Terminal couldn’t find my verge wallet until I added the path at the start (if for some reason your verge folders aren’t in the right location, then this likely wont work. find the path and add it at the start). Also, not including ‘-rescan’ at the end yielded another failed attempt. The above command should open your verge wallet for you. For me, all my old coins had appeared once it had finished loading. my last resort after this was to delete the entire block chain and have it sync over a number of days from scratch. however, I’ve heard people moan and groan about this method.

I hope this helps. If you have questions then ask. Hopefully I’ll know the answer!
WOW thanks Noriss. I did everything you said. Even installed new Verge wallet but now this wallet is not syncing :-( Different problem? Still only see my old coins and not the ones missing. Do you know what to do with a wallet that is not syncing (before it was syncing but I missed my coins, now it is not syncing and still no coins) :-(

Zara

Feb 3, 2018
Great news. Wallet has finally synced. And advice of Norriss worked. Wooow. So happy. Thank you. Thanks also Renaldo for thinking with me. If we help each other here, we'll all go to the moon! :)

Feb 1, 2018

Using:

///////////////////////////////

Terminal resync:

Nice! ok this is promising! I'm not getting any love with macOS sierra 10.12.6, but it can't be too different, if I can work it out I'll add to you solution here so its in the same spot...

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.