Verge integration to the next level

Welcome to the Verge Forums
Join the rest of our members!
Jun 17, 2018
After joining the verge meetup in Amsterdam past June, both me (@HarrieRobins) and a friend of mine (@kaspar_nl - you might seen his livestream) got pretty excited and decided to to start our own project: NovioPay. Our focus is bringing easy payment integration to merchants, bars & restaurants, and our kickoff will be with Verge and Tokenpay. I cannot go into much detail yet, but merchants can choose between a fully automated system / hardware module, or just plain simple phone payments.

As my background is data, managed services, and ICT infrastructure, I was able to quickly setup the required infrastructure, while @kaspar_NL has a focus on marketing and development. Right now however we see 2 very important issues that block deployment of our system:

1. No iPhone wallet: we simply cannot push Verge to merchants without an iPhone wallet. This will be the first question that is asked by any merchant. Apple has a strong community in the Netherlands, not catering to the needs of this community will simply block integration.
2. The Verge wallet in Android does work well, but requires Orbot to be properly setup. Why not make the TOR module optional, as with the phrase: privacy as a choice. This will enable novice users to quickly setup their wallet, without having to worry about tech-stuff they know nothing about. It is plain simple: if we want mass adoption, we will need to cater to the needs of novice customers.

I really believe if me and Kaspar can make this happen, there will be huge increase in adoption. I know by fact that lots and lots of business owners are interested in crypto, but making a start with this can be time consuming and hard. I know Verge DEV are working very hard on the codebase, but I really believe that IOS wallet should be no#2 priority right now.

Jun 17, 2018
Must say the Coinomi wallet works pretty darn good, never used it. Still prefer native wallet, but this is workable!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.