Where can i go to get some help with an older wallet problem(Verge 2.4.1.0)?

Welcome to the Verge Forums
Join our community and the rest of our members!

Tactikon

Jul 9, 2018
hello,
I was wondering if you could help me? Could you please tell me who i could contact to solve this specific problem. I've exhausted all means i'm aware of, thx.

I transferred some XVG into Electrum Wallet for Verge 2.4.1.0 several months ago and recently wanted to move it to an easier and safer wallet. It wouldn't connect , after changing the addresses as suggested, i tried to alter the Lib file in the lib folder per instructions. The wallet wouldn't open up at all then giving me the error message:
"cx_Freeze: Python error in main script", etc. I tried replacing it with what i thought was the original script and still it did not open.
I then downloaded a newer version Electrum 3.2.2 hoping to use my 8 word generation seed and password to access the ability to send my XVG to another wallet. It seems to respond to the seed , but doesn't update the token value or addresses.
I have the 8 word generation seed , original password used, the original block hash. I know there is Electrum Tor , but i was trying to avoid that because of having to download the whole Verge blockchain;also i've read there is some problem with it accepting the 8 word generation seed. Is there any solution to being able to send my XVG to another , simpler, maybe more secure wallet? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks so much, any help appreciated,
Tactikon

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
We dont have Electrum 3.2.2., install again 2.4.1. and recover with your seedphrase.
And the Electrum 2.4.1 Tor version DOES NOT requirre you to download the whole blockchain, ONLY QT Wallet does this.

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
And why you say, and think the Electrum wallet is not secure, as this is a false statement !

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
Next time when you download software, check the official sources, sites, channels please.
Version 3.2.2. does NOT support xvg !!!

Tactikon

Jul 9, 2018
Next time when you download software, check the official sources, sites, channels please.
Version 3.2.2. does NOT support xvg !!!
So, i followed your instructions and downloaded from the link you gave,when i try to open it i get the warning:

"Your wallet has an unsupported seed version
Wallet file:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Electrum-XVG\wallets\default_wallet"
Not sure what i can do next?

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
So, i followed your instructions and downloaded from the link you gave,when i try to open it i get the warning:

"Your wallet has an unsupported seed version
Wallet file:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Electrum-XVG\wallets\default_wallet"
Not sure what i can do next?
1. Close Electrum
2. Rename "default_wallet" for exp. to "default_wallet1"
3. Run Electrum again, should display you the wallet creation wizz. Now select the option to restore from a seed, enter here your seed-words, and complete process.

~ Renaldo,

Tactikon

Jul 9, 2018
I'm having some problem finding this file path:
"Wallet file:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Electrum-XVG\wallets\default_wallet"

the only file path that has a 'wallet' file is :
"C:\Users\User\Documents\electrum-xvg-win-amd64\electrum-xvg-win-amd64\lib" , I tried renaming that wallet file "wallet1" , but it didn't work. Got the "Wallet file:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Electrum-XVG\wallets\default_wallet" warning again.

Don't really know how to proceed; any suggestions or workarounds to getting XVG to another location?

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
Save all your default_wallet files from
C:\Users\User\Documents\electrum-xvg-win-amd64\electrum-xvg-win-amd64\
to a location on for ex. your desktop.
And be sure to remember the seedphrases from it.

De-install Electrum. Restart your computer. Install Electrum again, download from here:
https://github.com/vergecurrency/electrum-xvg/releases/download/2.4.1/electrum-xvg-win-amd64.zip
make sure you dont change the installation path, it should install in : \Users\User\AppData\Roaming\
Let us know how this works out for you.

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
You installed the first time not an the default given location.

Tactikon

Jul 9, 2018
So , I decided to use a different computer and browser(ms Edge not Chrome). It seems to have worked , but now the wallet won't connect , as in the original problem. I'm kind of afraid to do anything that might screw it up, but it is showing the original address the xvg was sent to. I can't figure out now how to get it to connect to the internet. I think i'm close , don't want to screw it up. Advice??

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
So , I decided to use a different computer and browser(ms Edge not Chrome). It seems to have worked , but now the wallet won't connect , as in the original problem. I'm kind of afraid to do anything that might screw it up, but it is showing the original address the xvg was sent to. I can't figure out now how to get it to connect to the internet. I think i'm close , don't want to screw it up. Advice??
and which setting you use in the connection tab, screenshot please.

Oh btw, Edge is great for downloading Chrome, after installing your windows, nothing more, nothing less. And does not have any relevance to your issues anyways. :)

Tactikon

Jul 9, 2018
I don't understand the question? What is the 'connections tab'? I have 'files , wallet , tools, help';
then down one 'history,send , receive, addresses, contacts , console'

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
I don't understand the question? What is the 'connections tab'? I have 'files , wallet , tools, help';
then down one 'history,send , receive, addresses, contacts , console'
Ok, i admit, have not installed Electrum right now, as I just re-installed my Linux OS.
But I ment the tab where you can change the server settings. (might be named different as "connections")

Tactikon

Jul 9, 2018
I click on 'Tools >Network' and nothing happens or shows anything.

Tactikon

Jul 9, 2018
when i try to attach it or upload it or drop it as an image(snipping tool) , it gives me "A server error occurred. Please try again later. " you have an email address , ill attach it. Title says " electrum xvg 2.4.1 - default_wallet" and then the tabs that i described.

Tactikon

Jul 9, 2018
well, i've got a print screen , but is a 'giphy' , and also gives an error message when i try to up load it or drop it. can you give me an email address and i'll send it there. any other suggestions on fixing this wallet? btw , i've almost got the whole blockchain downloaded on another harddrive (Verge qt). is that an option, will it accept 8 word generation seeds? there seems like there must be a solution to this , some way to access and send xvg.