Open XVG Electrum TOR not connecting anymore since a few days

Welcome to the Verge Forums
Join our community and the rest of our members!

Stoney268

Aug 10, 2019
Hi,

hopefully Verge team can help out here as it seems like the Electrum wallets are not really supported anymore. I was "offline" for some time so I missed this and maybe now Im too late to have my funds transferred to a better wallet.

Anyway, issues started last week when I went to check my electrum wallet. It didnt connect anymore so I digged online for a solution and none of them worked (using .onion and torbrowser, changing ports etc, you name it). In the end I tried to recover my wallet with the Electrum TOR, which worked and I was connected again until like 2 days ago. Now again it's not connecting to any .onion from the server list, no ssl and with socks5 localhost 9150. Updated the network.py from github as suggested somewhere, restarted macbook and gave TOR browser a new identity.... But nothing helps!!

So hopefully someone here knows whats going on?

Thanks in advance

Sti

Aug 26, 2019
Hi,
Did you resolve your problem? I'm pretty much in the same situation and would like to know how to connect to the Electrum wallet servers.

Regards,

Stoney268

Aug 10, 2019
Well... somehow I did but only by recovering the seed on a different windows laptop. From there I send it back the QT wallet on my mac.

This is a huge downside of cryptocoins! Didnt look at this wallet over a year and then suddenly it doesnt work anymore and there is no more support. This wallet is even removed from the download page.

Sti

Aug 26, 2019
Thank you! I finally managed to save my XVG too.

Indeed something to keep an eye on. Lesson learned. Check your wallets regularly.